Sometimes self-confidence is a B*tch.
Hi there! This Thursday I want to talk to you about gaining self-confidence and more self-respect. Hopefully I can contribute to help you getting a better image of yourself. Well… let’s get started.
About 7 years ago I had a self-confidence of 0,0%, this had to do with a couple of difficult things during my teenage years (like everyone else). So it took me a very long time and a lot of struggles to get me were I am today.
Honestly, I was always trying to please other people instead of myself and I thought a lot about what others would think of me. Do they think i’m smart, cool, caring, thin and especially good enough?
But the thing is… you will never know what an other person thinks of you. And most of the things you came up with in your head, aren’t even the closest things of what other people are really thinking about. So… Why would you even bother to think about these complicated thoughts/things?
Here are a couple of tips I got for you:
- Don’t make up thoughts in your head about what other people could possibly think about you. It’s pointless and it’s driving you crazy.
- Don’t try to put yourself aside, in order to get someone to like you.
- Don’t live your life by thinking… What do they expect from me? It’s clouding your judgment, freedom and creativity.
- Try to be clear to other people about what your boundaries are.
- Talk about your insecurities. Maybe with, family, friends or even an psychologist.
- Take some ‘me’ time, to think about what you want to do with your life and what would make you happy. Act on it!
My conclusion: who cares what other people think? It’s your life, all what matters is what makes you happy the most. Besides, our time on earth is way to short for pretending to be something your not.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says
‘I’m possible’! – Audrey Hepburn
This was something personal I wanted to share with you. I think i’m not the only one who had issues like these.
what are you insecure about? Also let me know what your thoughts are about this subject in the comments below.